It is always a good idea to review boxing mitt holding technique. Although there are many different styles of holding mitts, everyone one should understand the following general tips.
1. The mitt holder’s job is to set the boxer up to succeed with his
2. The mitt holder must be as concerned about their own safety, as well as the boxer.
3. You do not want to place the mitts in a position that may lead to chronic shoulder or back injuries.
4. You must hold the mitts within the reference of the boxer’s body size.
5. You should stand in the same stance as the boxer to keep them in the context of boxing.
6. Do not slam the boxer’s hands when they make contact. Absorb or catch the punch.