I am sure that many of you that train at POW! Gym Chicago have wondered- what the weird looking heads are on the shelf. The All Strike is a great alternative to mitts. The All Strike offers a progression for those who train on mitts and an opportunity if you want to punch someone in the face. The All Strike is a durable head that has a comfortable handle inside.
If you are a regular striker, I promise you will smile after playing with the All Strike. Once I finally started playing with it (and it takes some practice) I noticed the following attributes of this Quest Training product.
- It reacts like a head.
- It is not as hard to hold as you first think when you look at the handle design (see my video for an explanation of the handle design).
- There is no need for the holder to adjust pads between strikes.
- Combinations will be thrown with a more realistic timing.
- There’s no reason to throw pre-determined sequences.
- It offers anatomical accuracy-, which improves the transition to reality.
- It forces you to recover when you miss which is a huge asset. Mitts give you very little experience with truly missing your target.
- It gives you a chance to throw all strikes to specific areas of the head, especially for elbows and knees when you are grabbing/clinching the head you will have a better sense of proper hand application.
- It forces you to use more footwork. Most pads holders offer a poor footwork experience.
- It is fun!
Feel free to play with these at POW.