Tips to Improve Your Muay Thai Round Kick & Kickboxing Roundhouse Kick
Differences between the Muay Thai Round Kick and Kickboxing Roundhouse Kick
There are so many styles of ’round’ kicks. The typical kickboxing and muay thai class in Chicago will use one of these types of round kicks. I use a few words to differentiate between these different kicks. I teach a lot of roundhouses and round kicks.
Here is a list of different types of rounds and roundhouse kicks used in kickboxing, MMA, muay thai, JKD, savate, tae kwon do and other martial arts.
1. snap lead roundhouse
2. snap rear roundhouse
3. lead leg thai round (lead or rear leg)
4. 360 whip round (could technically be from either position, but best as a rear set up or switch set up).
5. switch round ( could in place, advancing forward or advancing on an angle) *
6. advancing or shuffle snap roundhouse (which comes off the lead leg)
7. chopping round (more of a thai style)*
8. Power round (which can be off the rear or lead lead) *
* = has several style variations within that smaller category
9. Roundhouse with the balls of the foot (I don’t like it unless you are doing traditional karate or wearing a heavy military boot).
POW! Gym Owner’s Favorite Boxing Match: Sugar Ray Leonard verse Roberto Duran I was folding laundry in the living with my mom watching Sugar Ray Leonard verse Roberto Duran. I was around 10 years old. The Duran – Leonard fights rank as one of the best match ups in boxing history. I had been watching […]
Universe this is my Thank You Note: Thank you to everyone that has supported my business POW! Martial Arts & POW! Kids since opening in 2001. Although there were several people that helped me out with all sorts of small things in 2000/2001 – I appreciate the time and efforts of my dad the most. […]
POW! introduced the Isagenix products about one year ago. We have had tremendous success with the shakes, bars, cleanses and energy powders. They have recently introduced a vegan shake. IsaLean® Shake Natural Berry Harvest, is a dairy-free plant-based shake. The shake features Phyto-IsaLean Complex™, a blend of natural pea and hemp protein to maintain and build […]